TOOT TOOT – - ALL ABOARD ONE ENGINEERED EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME
Having spent considerable time in search of a suitable outdoor location to marry nature’s refreshing party attributes with the soothing, sexy sounds of HOUSE and TECHNO, Make-Believe (www.facebook.com/
Eaglevlei Wine Estate (a mere 40km from CT) will be our location of choice for a series of four outdoor events this season – boasting two fully licensed bars, restaurant, a lush, even downward-sloping grass dance floor with Table Mountain as the backdrop !! Close your eyes for an instant and hear the incoming ‘TOOT TOOT’ of the party train – arriving at Muldersvlei Station.
Capturing the essence of Cape Town’s thriving outdoor party culture and the unique dynamic of the mobile dance floor within an 11-carriage Metrorail train, Make-Believe delivers the magic over a 13 hour musical journey that transcends regular clubbing.
Now without the confines of an urban location, Make-Believe is turning up the volume in terms of production with a colourful palette of skilled creatives & gear to engage the senses. Incorporating art installations by DANIEL POPPER (Afrika Burn/Boom Festival etc), Video-Mapping wizardry of AFTERLIFE AV, JON CARR Videos & SKY-LAB Aerial Footage, IAN SKENE Photography, sleight-of-hand illusions by JACQUES LE SUEUR, a world-class D&B Sound System & Lighting provided by KILOWATT AV, and themed chill zone provided by THE SUNROOM.
With all the stars aligned we bring you back down to earth with our eagerly-anticipated headline act – FUR COAT (Crosstown Rebels) for an experience that defies gravity.
FUR COAT BIOGRAPHY:
A rare, one of a kind piece, which is why it seems such a fitting title for the Venezuelan pairing of Sergio Munoz and Israel Sunshine. Theirs is a story that involves deep beats, rolling grooves, alluring breakdowns and large helpings of funk. Its a story where a passion for salsa and soul, blended with a solid base of love for all things electronic, created an act which would be imprinted into the minds of music heads everywhere. Its a story of deep driven beats that encapsulates the mind and moves the feet. This is the story of Fur Coat…
- It was a chance meeting at a house party in 2004 that would throw the duo together and lead to a musical intertwining which would drape itself royally over the shoulders of the music industry. After being snapped up by Crosstown Rebels founder Damian Lazarus in 2010, they remixed Russ Yallop’s ‘The Crossroads’ and then released their debut EP “Space Ballad”, featuring an unforgettable edit by TEED. However it would be their release ‘You and I’ featuring vocals from Cari Golden that would put the name Fur Coat on the tongue of weekend warriors across the globe. The track became an anthem at BPM festival and the Miami Winter Music Conference, and became one of the biggest deep house records of 2012.
- With a momentum that showed no sign of slowing down, Fur Coat would enter 2012 with ventures onto labels such as Noir, Get Physical and My Favorite Robot. As word grew of the pairs unique dance floor clout, as did their bookings. This saw them dropping their infections grooves at some of the finest dance floors across the world including Warehouse Project (Manchester), The Electric Pickle (Miami) DC10 (Ibiza), Warung (Brazil), Cafe d’Anvers (Belgium) and Showcase (Paris) and many more. Fast forward a year and with a constant flow of high quality production, its certain that the only place Fur Coat can go is up. After laying down serious sets at WMC and touring the globe with Rebel Rave, the guys are taking their music to the next level.
+ + + A FLAWLESS LOCAL SUPPORT LINEUP TO BE ANNOUNCED
- – ITINERARY – -
11h30 meet @CT Metrorail/Tourism Kiosk for ticket collection
13h00 SHARP outbound trip conducted by Dan C
14h00 arrive at Muldersvlei Station / 15min walk over the hills to venue
14h30 The Skene Brothers
16h00 Dakin Auret
17h00 Claudia Lovisa
18h00 One Track Mike
20h00 FUR COAT – 3HR SET
00h00 music ends
00h30 15min walk back to Muldersvlei Station
01h30 SHARP inbound trip conducted by (tbc)
02h30 arrive CT Station
- – There will be 6-packs of local beer & cider on board the train to ensure thirsts are quenched, and a free environment to do your thing, whatever your thing may be. A fleet of taxis will be awaiting our return to ensure a swift evacuation to your next stop. We encourage the ladies to AVOID HIGH HEELS as there will be a 15minute walk across the meadows as we approach Eaglevlei Wine Estate.
- – A comprehensive video of this event will be shot & edited, including guest & artist interviews as well as an exclusive interview with Israel & Sergio of FUR COAT. So bring your magic !!
- – PRE-SALE ONLINE TICKETS ONLY / LIMITED !!
STRICTLY NO UNDER 21′s
STRICTLY NO ◦ Glass bottles, under 21’s (ID upon request), fires, illegal substances, graffiti, weapons. Right of admission reserved. Participation in the event is entirely at own risk. The organizers accept no responsibility whatsoever for injury, death, loss or damage of any nature to persons, vehicles or belongings, even in the case of negligence. Due care has been taken to make this event safe and secure. Tickets are non refundable
MB Website: www.make-believe.co.za
MB Facebook: www.facebook.com/
MB Mixcloud: www.mixcloud.com/
Afterlife AV: www.afterlife.co.za
Kilowatt AV: www.kilowatt.co.za
Daniel Popper: www.danielpopper.com
Ian Skene Photography: www.ianskene.wix.com/
Sky-Lab Productions: www.skylab-productions.com
We have been given TWO single tickets to give away.
Want to be one of those lucky winners? Then simply drop a comment below and let us know you would like Make Believe to bring down next?
Winners will be announced on Monday the 14th of October!
Share this post on Facebook and Twitter to increase your chances!