THE GLOBAL PARTY FOR PEACE
The Earthdance vision is to unite the whole world through the universal platform of dance and music. Each year like-minded people across the planet at over 300 Earthdance events in over 60 countries come together in celebration of non-stop music, dance and peace.
This year, Earthdance Cape Town has a lot more surprises in store for you and we have major line up announcements for both the Origin Stage and RedBull Music Stage. So keep a look out for updates to come!
● Theme: Year of the Woman ●
Addressing this year’s theme, all Earthdance events will focus on causes that work to promote gender equality and empower women, while fostering peace and harmony with each other and our Mother Gaia.
Earthdance believes that increasing women’s access to quality education, meaningful employment, land and other resources is vital to the sustainable development and evolution of humanity in the 21st century and beyond.
● The Earthdance Global Link-Up for Peace ●
The highlight of the annual multi-location Earthdance Festival is a simultaneous link up, when every event across the world plays the Prayer for Peace at the exact same moment – morning in the Australian rainforest, afternoon in California, midnight in London, and sunrise over the Himalayas – the Prayer for Peace is a profound and powerful moment that unifies our intentions for World Peace on all levels.
Friday – Sunday
The Commercial Hippies
MUSIC BOX STAGE
blasting on the Redbull SoundSystem!
Friday – Sunday
ILL GATES (Canada)
Card on Spokes
Christian Tiger School
Guns n Lazers
Red Bull Outro
Friday & Saturday
A quiet communal space for sharing of ideas, Meditation, Workshops & Talks, Yoga, pre-’Prayer for Peace’ gathering, Ceremony, Sacred Space, Acoustic Jamming (bring your instruments).
** Programme announced online. **
The funkiest environmentally friendly chill spot.
Join the GreenPop Revolution and green your ticket by adding a tree… or two or three. Green your festival experience by adding a tree to your ticket. A tree will be planted on your behalf. Afterwards you’ll be sent a certificate with the GPS coordinates of your tree. And you can even join Greenpop to plant your tree. Sign up online.
● DECOR AND VISUALS
Decor – Artescape / Gus / GoodTimes / + more tba..
Visuals – Image Master Blink / Afterlife / Storyboy / Anthea / Inka / Contraband
Tranceporter Du Sud – 084 375 9247
Tickets will be available at all outlets from 16 August
FULL WEEK END
Outlets – R320
Online – R335
Gate – R350
SATURDAY – SUNDAY (only valid from 9am)
Outlets – R280
Online – R310
Gate – R350
GREENPOP TICKET (online only)
Online – R400
Green your ticket!
Includes a full weekend pass, plus Greenpop will plant a tree on your behalf and send you the GPS co-ords of your tree.
No credit cards accepted at outlets
- Canal Walk: Wild Fire Piercing 021- 5528929
- Cape Town CBD:
Global Girl, Gardens Center 021- 4611756
Ashanti Lodge– 021 424 4016
SKA, Long Street – 021 – 426 5025
- Claremont: Long St, Cavendish – 021 6719846
- Durbanville: Gypsy :021 – 976 2604
- Hout Bay: Tada @ boardroom: 021- 790 8132
- Kalk Bay: Gypsy 021 – 7886802
- Noordhoek: Namaste,Noordhoek farm village: 021 789 1396
- Observatory: SKA Clothing 021 – 447 6014
- Sea Point: Call-a-Pizza (after 5pm) 021 – 434 0818
- Somerset West: Old Skool Tattoos: 071 -345 5096
- Stellenbosch: Gypsy 021 – 886 7157
- Tygervalley: Long Street 021 914 3136
- Hemporium : Long st 021 4811853
- Big Bay: Post Net : 021 554 2755
- Knysna : Other World Tatoos 082 5147648
- Online : WWW.WEBTICKETS.CO.ZA
NEKKIES RESORT , Worcester
Gates open on Friday at 13:00
● DIRECTIONS From Cape Town take the N1 past Paarl.
Go through the Huguenot Tunnel (there is a toll). 14km after tunnel turn right towards Rawsonville.
After 6 km turn right into Rawsonville. At stop street turn right towards Worcester. Follow the road
for 12km. Look for signs.
● FESTIVAL FACILITIES chill zones, camping, swimming, food stalls, bars, medical facilities, strong and friendly security, craft & clothing market, clean toilets and showers.
● STRICTLY : NO GLASS – NO FIRE – NO PETS – NO U18′s (ID on request), No independent sound systems, No illegal substances. The organisers accept no responsibility whatsoever for injury, death, loss or damage of any nature to persons, vehicles, and belongings. This applies even to negligence by the organisers of any kind.
Entry is entirely at your own risk. Right of admission is reserved.
If you are looming for accommodation in the area please go and look at the Worcester Tourism Website. They have everything listed
Media and press enquiries: email@example.com
Trading enquiries: stall area is full
The theme for Earthdance is ‘Year of the Woman’ so we were thinking we will keep things simple this time round. We need you to do the following:
Like this post.
Comment below and tell us which female DJ you are most excited to see on the line up with a small motivation of what Earthdance (the festival) stands for internationally.
Winners announced on the 16th of September