It’s heating up in South Africa and there’s no better way to get relaxing than with some locally brewed craft beer. Bring picnic blankies, fold-up chairs and pull in for a day of pure CRAFT BEER bliss!
Hidden in the lush forests of Irene, is a little koppie on which a great BIG HOUSE is perched. What was once the residence and surrounding gardens of General Jan Smuts, a sanctuary of tall trees and happy green grass – will be transformed into joyous beer celebration for all beer lovers in the area! On the 19th of October, 13 of South Africa’s most exclusive breweries will be showcasing over 40 different types of micro brewed beers for you to tease your tongue with, promoting some of this country’s most sought after CRAFT BEER! Prepare yourself for a day festive-NASS.
The Cockpit Brewhouse
Jack Black Beer
Cape Brewing Co.
Three Skulls Brew
Dragon Ginger Beer
There’ll be four DJ’s from The Grind Radio putting together the most feel-good sun-shiney playlists that exist on the planet earth to make you feel ahhhhlright as well as some quality entertainment from Pretoria based band THE DECEMBER STREETS and electro-swing from Oliver Twisted from the Mother City down South.
10h00-11h00 Playlist- The Grind Radio – Heinrich – For Folk Sakes
11h00-12h00 Playlist- The Grind Radio – Jarryd – The Morning Grind
12h00-13h00 Playlist – The Grind Radio – Jade – Bitta This Bitta That
13h00-14h00 Playlist – The Grind Radio – Nikita – The Tallest Girl Alive
14h00 – 15h00 The December Streets
15h00 – 17h30 Oliver Twisted (CT)
17h30 – 18h00 The Grind Radio – The Wind Down
• No Under18′s will be allowed on the premises. Bring a VALID form of ID please. Beards and boobs are not age determining mechanisms.
• You will be purchasing tokens that will be exchanged for beer. Please do not purchase more tokens than you will be needing as they are NON-REFUNDABLE
• Don’t bring weapons – they’re peace-loving creatures, so they don’t want to have to prosecute you. They’re beering not brawling.
• Drugs are bad m’kay. Beer is good. Leave that stuff at home. Once again, prosecution if caught.
• You get a sweet ol’ Big House CBF branded mug with your ticket as you enter the venue. Look after the thing – it’s your goblet for the day.
BIG HOUSE CRAFT BEER FEST – 19 OCTOBER 2013
Date: Saturday, 19 October 2013
Venue: Jan Smuts Museum, Irene – Pretoria
Tickets: R110 on Webtickets -
Time: 10AM – 6PM
We’re giving away two sets of double tickets to the event. To win leave us a comment letting us know which Brewery’s beer you’re most keen to try. Winners announced on Monday 14th October 2013.